woensdag 8 februari 2012

Help for people in need/ Hulp voor mensen in nood


While working on some reports about the ministry OM Moldova is involved in this winter, distributing food parcels to people in need, I got the following story on my screen:

This man has lived on his own for many years. He has never been married and doesn’t have any children. Many years ago he came to Moldova from Russia, and just last year he became an official resident of Moldova. The house in which he lives on his own has no lights and no way of heating it up. When I went to him I found him at home alone in a room where he had nothing, he was just sitting there hungry. He has a fear of fire and so he never lights a fire even though it gets as cold as minus 26C in Moldova. He goes to the nearest town Cahul which is 16 km by foot, when I asked him why he goes by foot and not on the bus he said he does it often so that he doesn’t  freeze. He was so happy to receive a food packet and we spoke to him about God, we asked him if we could visit him again and tell him more about God he said would love to have us visit again. He is not the only person who lives like this in Moldova, he is one of many! 

This story made me realize again that God blessed me so much. I might not live in warmest house but I do not freeze. I have food every day, I am not lonely but surrounded by husband, friends and family. I am healthy and can go to work every day. I pray that God will take care of the needs of all those people in MD that are lacking something so necessary. And may God help me and all of us, to share from what we are blessed with!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten