zaterdag 28 april 2012

Spring in Moldova

Spring finally has come to Moldova. The temperatures are great outside and there is plenty of sunshine every day! Because of the change in the weather, Spiridon and I took a radical decision: we will not need anymore the electric blanket! The blanket was a great help in cold times and has become "necessitous" in our daily life! But now we will be brave and try to start living without it again!;-)

Another week at the office has passed and for the next week new plans have been made. Spiridon will be busy in the coming days to call around 50 pastors to tell them that they can come to the OM base and pick up several seeds packets to hand out to poor families in their villages. Around a 1500 families will be blessed with vegetable seeds, a 100 families will be blessed with potatoes and another 20 families with some baby chickens. All of the offered help of course serve one major goal: to present the love of God and draw people closer to Him! Let us pray that these spring projects will bring hope in people's lives and will make the people in Moldova think about their personal relationship with God. But let us also pray that the seeds will bring forward many fruits and that the poor families can grow many vegetables so this year they will not need to suffer from hunger.

From Sunday till Wednesday I will be gone to the South to Moldova and well to the famous place: Paicu. A German team will be going to this village and there is a need for a translator. And since I have lived in Paicu for about 8 months I offered to help out for a couple of days. I think I will have great time seeing again a lot of the children, teenagers, church people and elderly I have lived and worked with. I am looking forward to spend some time in the village and I pray that I will be a blessing for anyone I meet.

"be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work." (2 Timo 2:21b)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten